After any fire damage situation, our primary focus is safety for you & your family. Here are a few questions to ask yourself & tips on what to do, or not to do, after a fire.
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Smoke damaged items can be contaminated & dangerous
- Do not enter the structure without the proper Personal Protective Equipment.
- Do not enter the structure until you meet with the Fire Official in charge.
- Do not wipe or attempt to wash fire residue from walls, ceilings, contents, or other absorbent surfaces without professional assistance.
- Do not use food items or canned goods exposed to heat.
- Do not turn on computers, televisions, stereos or electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked.
- Do not use any electrical fixtures, switches, or outlets.